Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Biodegrading


I know this is rather unseemly, but I've always been concerned with the volume of plastic amassed in the daily disposal of Arthur's, um, waste. There's just so much of it. At one point, I bought these special bags called Dispoz-A-Scoop to replace the regular grocery plastic, but they were just as bad with their highly unnecessary cardboard delivery system. Then I thought an underground waste composter might be ecological, but my sister wasn't too keen on the idea of a dog dump in the backyard.

So I did some research and found a bag that is 100% biodegradable (even at CA's high standard), 100% compostable, is based on GMO-free ingredients and made without polyethylene. Woohoo! Seems too good to be true.

Now if we could just teach Arthur to poop directly into the bag.

http://shop.robbinspetcare.com/dogs/biobags.html
www.worldcentric.org/store/bags.htm
www.biogroupusa.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if only he would poop in one spot rather than leaving a 30 foot trail of brown crumbs