Thursday, January 18, 2007

Today's Sponsor


I came back from vacation a few weeks ago to discover that Teddy the American Staffordshire Terrier, my favorite dog on last month's visit to L.A. Animal Services' North Central shelter, has yet to be adopted. How can it be? Perhaps because he's a so-called "bully" breed, or maybe because he's such a big giant, but no one has taken him home.

Okay, yes, he is gigantic. Plus, from what I could tell, he's very playful, so if not properly trained, would probably bowl you over. But that's part of his charm. He's such a beautiful dog, and has such a sweet personality.


I'm now on a mission to raise money to get Teddy out of the shelter and into temporary board and care through a local rescue organization like Much Love in Santa Monica until he gets adopted. He's got to get out of there ASAP - he's been there since the beginning of December!

Can anyone help me save Teddy? At $17 a day to house and feed him, the money adds up quickly. Hopefully, Much Love could get him into a foster home, which would be a bit cheaper, but I have to be prepared to pay for his expenses in case a temporary family (or a permanent one) can't be found. I know it's just one dog in a pool of thousands, but if that means one less euthanization, it's certainly better than nothing. And just look at that face!

If you think you can help, please email me at todaysarthur@gmail.com.

No comments: