Monday, March 12, 2007

Today's Rescue - Pearl


This is Pearl. I pulled her picture and post information off of the Ashley and Hobie boards (which I've been doing a lot lately) because I couldn't deny that face. I defy you to deny that face! If all things were right in the universe, Pearl would be taking nice, long hikes and playing in a nice, grassy yard with a nice loving family, but instead she is caged at the Pasadena Humane Society/SPCA, returned by her owner of one month because the owner's other dog didn't get along with her. I suppose that happens, but it reminds me of the saying, "When bad things happen to good dogs people." It's just so unfair.

Pearl is an American bulldog mix, leggy and pristine white. She is three years old, friendly with people and other dogs, good on leash and housetrained. She knows "sit" and "come," received A's on two separate temperament tests, and has a nice soft mouth with treats. She's so good on paper, it makes me wonder why she's still in the shelter - not good with cats? Too energetic? Too big to fit in your pocket? I have no idea. Watch this video clip and see for yourself:

http://www.phsspca.org/adoptions/video/A204732.AVI

She looks glorious to me.

Pearl
ID#: A204732

Pasadena Humane Society and SPCA
361 S. Raymond Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91105

Contact Jennifer Warner at the shelter at 626.792.7151 ex. 112 for more information.

No comments: