Thursday, June 28, 2007

Today's Rescue - Guardian


I love this guy. Look at that face! He resembles my mom's fiance's previous dog, Sugie, one of my favorite dogs of all time (see her memorial post here), and has the biggest black nose I've ever seen. The name he came into the shelter with, tellingly, is Guardian. Who gives their dog an occupational noun for a name? Actually, I've heard much worse, but it seems so impersonal.

Anyway, Guardian is living a precarious life at the South L.A. shelter and needs to be rescued. He's listed as a German shepherd mix (which he most certainly is not - looks labrador/staffordshire to me), is 2 years old and very skinny. Apparently, he's also very sweet. I wish I could take him home and give him a proper name like Roger or Mike and load him up with good food, give him a nice soft bed, take him on long walks.

Anyone else?

Every day is crucial. Check out Guardian today!

GUARDIAN
ID#: A873721
South L.A. shelter

3612 11th Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90018


Google map

For more information, call 213.485.0117 (or 0119) or go to the L.A. Animal Services Web site at www.laanimalservices.com

No comments: