Friday, February 01, 2008

It's a Dog's Life


I was browsing at a local antiques market recently and found this vintage dog print, mounted and unframed, and reasonably priced. A $12 bargain, actually. Needless to say, I bought it.

I have a thing for vintage dog photographs, and in this particular picture there is something about the look on the dog's face that reminds me of Arthur in super-happy mode. Funny.

But really, the best thing about the print is the caption on the bottom that reads, "ASKING FOR IT." How hilarious is that? My mother used to say the same thing to me when I was a kid: You're really asking for it. That was right before she chased me around the house with a wooden spoon.

I can't tell if this particular caption was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, or if it's just a straightforward description. Maybe the dog's just waiting for a biscuit.

Somehow, I don't think so.

No comments: