Sunday, October 12, 2008

Remembering Grandma


My dog-loving, former corgi-owning grandma died this week, a grand dame of 90 years and enormous spirit. She was born and raised in Honolulu, HI, a second-generation Japanese American, but for some reason pronounced Arthur's name as if she were British: AAH-thur. Come here, AAH-thur.

And even though he was as tall as she was sitting down and probably could have knocked her over with his wagging tail, she would always give him a pat and tell us how handsome he was. I think he appreciated that.

Thanks, Grandma – you were the best. We're really going to miss you.

3 comments:

Luisa said...

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Your grandma must have been absolutely wonderful. Give Arthur a pat for me --

dogsitter said...

Thanks, Luisa. That's really thoughtful of you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Kim! Your grandma was awesome :(