Monday, May 18, 2009

To the Rescue


Rin Tin Tin, is that you? Over the weekend, Chris and I attended a fund raiser for the National Disaster Search Dog Foundation, an organization that teams rescue (as in, rescued) dogs with firefighters and trains them to find people in emergency situations. It was a day of dogs and firemen, which suited me just fine. There was a demonstration, tours around the property (the future home of the foundation's national training center in Santa Paula), and a lot of barbeque. But the dogs were the stars, of course.







Chris took all of these lovely photos because I was too busy oohing and aahing and clapping like a crazy person to get anything good.

Humorous side note of interest: I mentioned to a foundation staff member how happy I was to see so many rescued black labs in the program, and she told me, "This is going to sound weird, but we've had the most success with black labs in particular. For some reason, they do just a little bit better than the other lab colors!" Black dog syndrome be damned!

National Disaster Search Dog Foundation

No comments: