Friday, August 28, 2009

App Aid


In case you don't already suffer from iPhone application syndrome, here's one to consider: pet first aid! This one comes from Jive Media, and although I'm too cheap to shell out the $3.99 until I hear more about it, it looks interesting.

All the application's advice comes from Pet Tech, a national pet-first-aid training center for dog owners in Vacaville, CA that offers classes (CPR, injury/wellness assessment) and other useful information. (Have you ever tried to contact the Red Cross about pet-first-aid classes? I did, and they were NO HELP AT ALL.) I'd never heard of them before, but they seem to be the real deal.

As for the iPhone app, I'm a little puzzled as to why the first two categories under the "Fundamentals"
section are "Muzzling" and "Restraint", although I don't know much about pet first aid and maybe these topics come up in medical situations? Don't know. I do like how you can keep your pet's medical information on hand for easy access.

The only other comparable applications available for the iPhone are a couple from PetMD that have received pretty bad reviews on iTunes, so for the time being, this one's it. Not for long, I bet.

Jive Media - Pet First Aid

Pet Tech

No comments: