Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Yee Haw


It's a barn raising! Okay – there aren't really any Amish involved, but walls are going up and it's going to be awesome. Bad Rap, the Bay Area-based, pit-bull-saving nonprofit is trying to raise $100,000 to build a safe house of sorts for rescued pit bulls. The facility (which would include a converted horse barn and a large exercise area) would temporarily house dogs they pull from abusive or inhumane situations to rest and recover before entering foster care. Sounds pretty FAN-tastic.

The people at Bad Rap are the real deal, and I've admired them from afar for a long time. I can't think of many organizations I'd rather give my dog-saving dollars to.

Bad Rap Barn Raising

And while you're at it, buy a tote bag.

1 comment:

Donna said...

*Thank you* dogsitter! We're so excited about watching this project come to life.

Gosh - great barn raising photo there. I might have to swipe it!