Sunday, April 30, 2006

Saved



As a general rule, I try not to think about kill-shelters and the animals being put down there on a regular basis because I'm a hypocritial wimp who can't deal with the thought of dogs dying. So against my better judgment, I read an article in the May issue of Los Angeles magazine that said, among other things, that L.A. county killed more animals last year than any other metropolitan area in the United States. Man. It also said that, apparently, some private shelters shop the kill-shelters for popular breeds, buy them at a low price and then resell for profit. Personally, I have a bigger problem with people who don't think before they buy and wind up with pets they can't handle, who then potentially end up on death row. Or those who don't spay or neuter.

Anyway, Arthur was adopted from a fancy nonprofit (as 'Errol'!), probably because he is such a handsome guy. He was one of the lucky ones.

No comments: