Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Postcard From Hawaii


Dear Arthur -
You're probably wondering why I'm not at the house today, and I apologize for not telling you sooner, but I'm in Hawaii. For a funeral. I know you've never been to Hawaii, and probably can't imagine what it must be like, but aside from the humidity, I think you would like it. The air smells really nice and there are a lot of big bugs. Oh, and turtles - there are turtles on some of the beaches.

Actually, I think you would really like the beaches here because unlike in L.A., the sand is really soft and there isn't a lot of crap in it. It would feel nice between your toes. Maybe I'll bring some back for you in a plastic baggie. Or maybe I'll bring you a giant 3-inch flying roach like the one I saw the last time I was here, although frankly, I'd really prefer if I didn't see any of those at all.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you a heads up. Let you know what's going on. I'll be back soon enough.

Try not to dig any new holes in the backyard.

Love,
The dogsitter

No comments: