Monday, February 26, 2007

You Can Bet There Won't Be Fur at This Party


Screw the Oscars, the Genesis Awards are where it's at! Okay, I admit I had no idea what the Genesis Awards were until I discovered recently that the movie Chris worked on all last year, Open Season, has been nominated in the Best Animated Family Feature Film category. Woo hoo!

Apparently, the awards are presented annually by the Humane Society to news and entertainment media for raising awareness of animal-protection issues, and this year's ceremony is being held at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills on March 24. It's going to be a star-studded extravaganza of pet-loving magazine, TV and film people all gathered into one gigantic ballroom. The nominees include shows like "Anderson Cooper 360" on CNN, the PBS documentary "Sharks at Risk" and the film Fast Food Nation, but my favorite category is the Sid Caesar Comedy Award, which includes nominees like "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" and "The Simpsons." Awesome. If I had an extra $300 lying around, I'd put on my gown and head for that red carpet.

Anyway, maybe I've been living under a rock for the last 21 years and everyone else knows about this, but I thought it was a nice thing to learn about. Any extra press about animal awareness has got to be a good thing.

Update 3.27.07: Genesis Awards Winners

No comments: