Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Big Dog Love


If you haven't ever encountered a Bernese mountain dog, let me tell you this: they are gigantic. Saint Bernard gigantic. Small pony gigantic.

The big guy in the picture is Murray - my other doggie boyfriend, and he is indeed a Bernese (and that is a king-sized bed.) Murray comes to visit me with his owner, Gabby, at the store where I work during the day, and he likes to cool his jowls on the painted cement floor. Apparently, it's much hotter in Santa Monica than it is in the Swiss Alps.

Whenever Murray is around, people stop to check him out. He's actually only 130 lbs, but looks much bigger with his masses of woolly black fur and his big head. His paws are the same length as my feet. But Murray is a big softie: he loves other dogs (especially small ones) and people (especially small ones). He also has a predilection for girls' underpants, but I won't get into that here.

I wish I could say I was his sole female squeeze, but I suspect he's like a sailor.

Got a lady in every port.

No comments: