Thursday, July 24, 2008

Postcard from England - St. Enodoc


Dear Arthur -

Do you believe in the supernatural? I visited a very old church a few days ago called St. Enodoc, which dates back to the 12th century and sits among some sand dunes above a beautiful stretch of the North Atlantic. It was once completely covered by sand.

I took some pictures of the grounds surrounding the church, and later discovered that some hedges and tombstones had cast a shadow onto a path that looked like a dog. Or a dog's head, I guess. Isn't that funny? I hadn't seen it at the time.

Anyway, I don't think any dogs are buried at St. Enodoc, but perhaps there are some that should have been.

Say hello to your golden retriever daycare friend for me.

Love,
The Dogsitter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! As soon as I saw that photo I thought it looked like a dog! No Virgin Mary siting for you....You get the divine dog!

Anonymous said...

This is SO COOL!! The minute I saw the shadow I was like Whoa, DOG!