Monday, September 08, 2008

Today's Rescue - Mocha


I got an email this morning from my friend, Stacy Bodell of Much Love Animal Rescue, who is networking this crazy melange of a pooch for her uncle in Torrance (who took the dog into his care when a friend of a family member decided they couldn't keep her). To be honest, I skipped right over Stacy's words when I saw the photos she'd attached because they are so freakin' cute. Just look at that face! It's a good thing she isn't here with me right now because I'd probably take a big bite out of her. Delicious.

Anyway, I think her name is Mocha, she's a year old, about 30-35 lbs and most likely some kind of Australian shepherd mix. (With maybe some hound? And some doberman?) She is mutt-tastic. So far, she has had no problems with Stacy's uncle's 110 lb German shepherd or his great Dane, but apparently, she's not too fond of small dogs and probably cats, and has some food aggression with other dogs, but not people. Luckily, these issues are being addressed as we speak by people who seem to know what they're doing and obviously care about her well-being. And how could you not? Mocha is a sweet, silly girl who loves people, loves affection and loves playing fetch.

I believe she'll be attending Much Love's mobile adoption on Saturday where you can experience her firsthand in all her puppy glory. Maybe I'll stop by and nibble on one of her ears.

Much Love Animal Rescue mobile adoption – 9/6
Brick Lane boutique

1132 Abbot Kinney Blvd.

Venice, CA 90291

11:30am–3pm

www.muchlove.org

No comments: