Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Decisions


Sometimes, although not very often, Arthur likes to pick a spot to hang out where he normally doesn't hang out – against the wall, behind the sofa – instead of on his big, comfy bed. I think he likes to mix things up.

My family's shih tzu used to do the same thing when I was growing up, and my mother always had a reason for why he'd chosen the place he had: Oh, he's hot, she'd say when he picked a weird place in the dark; or Oh, he's hiding, when he'd lie behind a big easy chair. Honestly, I think it was more like, Oh, he's too lazy to jump up onto the sofa, but maybe he did have his reasons.

This spot Arthur chose beside the couch next to the wall was also conveniently close to my plate of cheese, so I think we can all guess the motivation behind that choice.


No comments: